Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Off to Nisos Kalymnos

Tomorrow we sail, but tonight we dance! The ladies are ready.

The boys are ready.

Well, we'll at least get something to eat at Mummy's. After that, we go to bed. Man, nobody parties like us!

We're sailing west to Nisos Kalymnsos (Kah-lim-nos Island), and the little harbor of Vathi. It may be too small for Jungle - we'll see.

Well, as suspected, Vathi Harbor is a little too small for us.

No worries, we'll just anchor here in this little cove outside the harbor. We let out 180 feet of anchor chain.

Tied the stern to the rocks. One line to hold, one as a safety in case of the first line breaking, and we're good.

The bow is facing out to the Med in case of any swell coming in. The anchor is out by that cave. While I'm writing this I hear bells and bleating and see mountain goats, obviously tamed and wearing bells heading home along the hills for dinner. Pretty cool. Did I mention the weather is spectacular - 75 - 80 ish, dry, perfect. I can't believe I'm me, I'm giddy.

The Admiral is happy and enjoying her favorite pastime; floating on a raft.

Mikey's enjoying his favorite pastime, drinking the last cold beer. I kid. What a guy. No really, I kid. Hey, it's not his problem that he's really funny looking up close. Really, I'm not bitter.

So we dinghy into Vathi and park between a couple of local fishing boats.

Here is a shoreline view of the little harbor. Quite nice.

We stroll in town a little and spot this beautiful backyard. First we smell the backyard, incredible flowers. Then, this little lady of the house walks out and hands us a bunch of Gardenias! Jenée's favorite. Very sweet.

Monica used her hat to whole a couple of gardenias. Jenée is now following her hat around town. She just loves the smell of Gardenia.

We come across this other home with flowers all around.

The supermarket is undergoing renovation, no shopping today.


However, the Tavernas is open. Ella! (come!)

After a quick bite, we're headed back to Jungle. Here's a view back to shore in Vathi. Most likely we're headed for a nap as we are utterly exhausted by our busy day.

While the others nap! I tell Katie all about our day. She's almost impressed.

Impressed or not impressed, it's been a wonderful day and a great dinner on board from Jenée. And a full moon to boot. Are you kidding me?! Heaven. Kali-nitka (good night)

No comments: