Monday, June 28, 2010

More Duxbury, Massachusetts

It's time to say goodnight from Jungle to another wonderful day and a storm that never came to be. Red night: Sailors Delight! Goodnight everyone.

I could do this all day ...

More beautiful homes...

Jungle's out there somewhere...

I just keep shooting ...

The lesson for today is; "them shipbuilders had nice properties". Great view.

In 1841, Daniel Webster cited Ezra Weston as "the largest shipowner, probably, in the United States." Soon after it all crashed due partly to mismanagement by later generations but mostly due to the advent of steam power. Progress can be a bitch.

We came upon the King Caesar House, now a museum and part of the Duxbury Historical Society. King Caesar was the name given to Ezra Weston I and Ezra Weston II the owners of E. Weston & Sons, the country's largest ship builders in the 1820's and 30's. It's headquarters and shipyards were located here - Ezra I & II watched all operations from their front door.

This walk took us close to Powder Point, another one of my 657 reasons why Duxbury is my favorite town in the USA.

So today, June 28 we were doing another one of those, oh what do you call it...
Oh yeah, exercising. We were doing another walk about in beautiful Duxbury.

1 comment:

Peter Hanan said...

Beautiful stuff. I really loved the north east and it's wonderful contrast in the seasons. I particularly enjoyed the humid summer nights sipping a nice cold brew under those green leafy trees.
Doesn't look too bad on the water neither.
Cheers and goodnight.