Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Green Harbor, Massachusetts

Here is my wonderful bride with Green Harbor in the background. I couldn't have made it here without my beautiful angel at my side. I am the luckiest man in the world. With much anticipation, we look forward to our continued journey together.

As you can see, Jungle is a little big for the dock. Everyone has been great here allowing us to stay. Even my boat neighbors have been wonderful. We'll get off the dock soon so we don't wear out our welcome.

Here I am with Mom and Dad Fraine. They really love me (and their 8 other kids).

We arrived at the Green Harbor Yacht Club just before sunset on Saturday, June 19. It is here where I learned to sail and developed a passion for sailing.
We were met at the dock by a full contingent of fellow GHYC members celebrating the life of member Big Al, as only the Irish can. With open bar at 11 AM, not a word of English was spoken. Jenee and I were well trained on sign language from our 3 months in Latin America, so all worked out.
Later in the Yacht Club bar, converstion went like this;
Member: So Jimmy, how faah did you guys come to get hee-ah?
Me: Pretty faah, about 12000 miles from Hawaii.
Member: Was it wahm or cold out thee-ah?
Me: Mosly wahm, nevah got to wee-ah my sweat-aah.
Member: Wow, what a piss-ah trip, huh Jimmy?
Me: Yeah, Wicked piss-ah
Member: Get Jimmy a bee-ah on me!

Sailing out of Boston, here is a nice shot of the downtown skyline. Thanks to Jenee for always remembering to have the camera ready and to take these shots.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Good to see you in GH! We meant to take a drive by yesterday when we were anchored of Saquish, but rain was approaching so left for the harbor earlier than expected. Enjoy your time.