Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Evening in Boston

From the back deck of Jungle, we get a spectacular evening skyline shot of Boston. The Customs Tower has the clock face. Tomorrow, June 19 we sail south 25 miles to Green Harbor.

Here we are in a great little North End restaurant called Ida's. It's in an alleyway off the beginning of Hanover Street. Run by the Bruno family, they're only open for dinner on Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat - great dinner (veal saltimbocca is my favorite). This is a mural of Venice and the translation roughly is "Oh, to be able to die at sea". There you go!

After growing up in Boston and 54 years later, I decided to walk inside Fanueil Hall for a quick history review. In this mural we find Daniel Webster, the great American Patriot (along with Tom Brady) and orator addressing the Massachusetts Senate. Two keys for me here; 1) Daniel Webster lived in Marshfield less than a mile from where I spent my summers and where my Mom and Dad now reside. 2) He has a cool mullet, a little thin on the top, but workable for me. Coincidence? Me thinks not good people!

In Quincy Market we find another mime guy dressed like a statue. You give him a dollar and he gives you a fortune and moves a little. Kinda like my career. I never get tired of these guys.

Another view of the charming and happy Jungle couple from the park with Jungle sitting over Jenee's right shoulder. We are docked at the Boston Yacht Basin - very handy to the downtown and has nice folks working there. These get to be a little like baby pictures - we never get tired of showing Jungle, while everyone else may rolls their eyes. Oh well - what a pretty baby!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

All the pictures are great, but I especially like the one of the evening skyline of Boston with its reflection in the water. Jungle is a pretty baby, and I'm not tired of looking at her yet. Keep these pictures coming!

Unknown said...

"E quanto m'e' dolce naufrugar in questo mare," How sweet it would be to die in "this sea," meaning the Adriatic, which brings up the question, when will you be there? I want to come meet you!!!

Jenee said...

Hi Karen,
We plan to be in Italy summer of 2011 and hope you can catch up with us.