Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Cinco de Mayo in Kypros - Hella! (Come!)

We took a road trip to Nicosia, the Capitol of Cyprus and home of Demetris Theoharous, my main man, the master of Kypros and all around great guy. We met at and Irish pub called FinnBar on May 5 - Cinco de Mayo - why not! Demetris buddy Greg Bedrosian joined up with us. Greg picked up a new HP scanner/printer for Jungle. A helpful travel tip, if your printer is 50/60 Hz, that's a plus. If it is only 120V AC, then it will probably only run for a while - in our case 6 months. But I knew this cause I'm an Electrical Engineer! I got a degree and everything! Just call me Sparky.

Sorry, no photos of the boys, but here's Finn's bar. An Irish bar all decked out for Cinco de Mayo, go figure.

I'm toasting the day in style. I didn't actually drink this Tequila but used it to clean Jungle's engine. Man, that bay is shining! I ordered nachos with guacamole and I got nacho cheese chips right out of the bag. And ale!

In Cyprus, dinner is at ten, the night starts at midnight, yeah! We are just warming up. Nicosia is a charming city and reminds me of my hometown of Boston, very green, very walk able, only better weather in winter. Demetris treated us to a wonderful steak dinner "in his village".

Now, back to the fun stuff. This here is a toilet bowl, custom made baby! Bet you wish you had one. The electric switch to allow water in failed and let water in slowly all the time. I had to search a while for a replacement, of course it wasn't the same, but I made it work.

Close up of the switch installation - the problem is the limited amount of space you have in a boat to work. I need a massage.

Back home in our little one bedroom apartment while Jenée is busy at work.

There's the admiral with tools in hand. We have it organized just the way we like it.

Ahhhh, KEO. The local Cyprus beer is like most local beers - the locals don't drink them. Don't matter, I dig KEO. Efharisto!

 

No comments: