Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hell with it - We're sailing to Nova Scotia!

Red night means a delightful day of sailing to Nova Scotia. Until then everyone!

The outpouring of affection has been outstanding! In Newport, Rhode Island, my great buddy, Dr. Brian Cornell was more than generous with his offers of support. If you could have been a fly on the wall at our dinner;

Brian: Anything you two need, please let me know.
Me: Thanks Bri, you're the best.
Brian: No really, Steve, anything you two need...
Me: I'm Jim ...
Brian: Jenee, if there's anything I can do ...

WOW, friends like this, really, I'm kinda choked up. Brian handed me the restaurant tab, wow again, the least I could do.

Jenee is standing over Jungle's new home after our return from Nova Scotia - Shipyard Quarters Marina in Charlestown. This is part of the old Charlestown Shipyard, quite a developed property now with great access to Boston.

Good news, we worked it out and I must say, at a very fair price!

Unfortunately, Garrett reminded me of my lame jokes at his expense beginning at the age of 10. One in particular was me "beating him like a red headed step child" which I must admit didn't sound so funny as I heard him repeat it to me. Any hoo, with Garrett now at 6'6'' and 240lbs, we have some serious catching up to do.

I decided F-it! Surgery is scheduled for August 5 so we're sailing to Nova Scotia. We leave Thursday early AM for Yarmouth - 222 mile straight shot. We should arrive by Friday evening. Here is Jungle's crew of Jenee and son Garrett. Garrett has time off his studies to become a California Police Officer and flew out to come along. Great to have him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also remember overhearing you say to Garrett "Come to Da-Da"....even when he was taller than you.

You are a great Dad!

Charlie